Requisition Id: SC-Manager
Business Unit: Corporate Engineering
Location: Lexington, NC, US, 27292
Navis TubeTex is currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to lead the company’s planning and procurement team to achieve production goals and maximize supply chain efficiency. The primary focus of this position is to manage the production planning, component purchasing, and inventory control activities for the company’s manufacturing operations.
Make an Impact
If you are seeking a position where you put your skills to use in a small company and make a big impact on the global market, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today.
Pay, benefits and more.
For this position, we offer competitive compensation and benefits package.
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The primary focus of this position is to manage the production planning, component purchasing, and inventory control activities for the company’s manufacturing operations.
- Direct the daily activities of procurement team members, prioritizing projects to best meet manufacturing needs.
- Collaborate on production schedule and ensure that it reflects current supply chain status.
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel to ensure material availability for efficient production. Ensure adequate supply of all materials required to support manufacturing.
- Utilize company’s Visual ERP system as vital tool to manage supply chain.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements.
- Control stock levels to meet production schedules within targeted goals.
- Collaborate with external partners to ensure continuity of supply chain.
- Ensure process orders and purchase orders are maintained and closed on a timely basis.
- Create, drive and maintain Supply Chain metrics.
- Innovate and improve existing practices and procedures, always striving for continuous improvement.
- Lead projects and facilitate meetings supporting planning and procurement.
- Create objectives, provide performance evaluations, and develop personnel.
- Oversee the planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and executing activities related to releasing and delivering purchased products to support all factory production in accordance with planning procedures set by management.
- Maintain supplier relationships with respect to the availability of materials and delivery time.
- Actively participate in the resolution of material variances, cycle counting, and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations to identify and achieve cost savings initiatives.
- Interact effectively across the organization and lead resolution of issues with internal and external suppliers/customers.
- Work with engineering to problem solve technical supply issues and develop alternative sources of supply.
Requirements and skill set
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years experience in planning management/procurement in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Innovative and “out of the box” problem solving skills; adaptable and self-directed.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are required, along with a strong work ethic and sound business judgment.
- Good critical-thinking skills; ability to analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and effectively in dynamic situations, be proactive, and follow up on outstanding issues until a successful resolution is achieved is required.
- Good cross-cultural understanding.
- Solid personal computer skills are required, to include, but not limited to: MS Office software applications with advanced skills in Excel. Experience with manufacturing MRP systems a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Navis Tubetex is an Equal Opportunity Employer*