Founded in 1929, Navis TubeTex is a leader in finishing machinery for the global textile industry. Based in Lexington, North Carolina, Navis TubeTex designs, engineers and manufactures the world’s leading machinery for the global knit, woven, nonwoven, technical textile, and geotextile industries.
Today you will find our machinery in more than 70 countries. Chances are every day you wear, use or touch a fabric that is produced on our equipment. From the apparel you wear, the bed linens you sleep on, the upholstery you sit on and the carpet you walk on, the world’s famous brands are processed on Navis TubeTex equipment.
The company’s 130,000 square-foot (12,100 square meters) headquarters houses manufacturing, engineering, finance, customer service, sales, and administrative functions.
Navis Tubetex is currently seeking a Chief Engineer for a newly acquired product line to join our development team. In this role, the Chief Engineer will have the opportunity to contribute on a wide range of product development activities; from design and development, to prototyping and testing, to working in a team environment to take an idea from concept to production. This role will require a wide range of skills and experience as well as the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are seeking a position with significant responsibilities within a small company where you can make a big impact, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today! UHC Transparency Disclosure
Duties And Responsibilities
- Designs technically advanced industrial equipment for the textile industry while thriving in a creative, collaborative, working environment
- Completes clean sheet detailed design and analysis of engineering concepts and related components using ProEngineer/Creo
- Creates drawing packages and product specifications with accuracy
- Improves existing products through value engineering, technological upgrades, and integration of new features
- Leads team on integration of recently acquired product line and participates in modernization efforts of this new product line
- Performs engineering analysis related to mechanical component design such as stress/strain calculations, beam deflection calculations, fatigue analysis, etc.
- Facilitates cross-functional meetings and design reviews with sales & marketing as well as manufacturing
- Assist manufacturing in troubleshooting manufacturing related problems
- Maintain bills of material, schematics, and all necessary documentation for a variety of product lines
- Support field service technicians in troubleshooting issues at customer facilities worldwide
- Support pre-sales activity through conceptual machine layouts, cost estimation, and engineering schedule estimates
Job Requirements & Skills
- BSME Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience in industrial machinery design and manufacturing
- Proficient in 3D CAD (preferably ProEngineer/Creo)
- Expertise in specification of typical industrial machinery components (bearings, gear motors, pneumatic actuators, pumps, flowmeters, etc.)
- Ideal candidate would have experience with process flow systems using multiple chemicals and chemical application devices to moving substrates
- Overall knowledge and experience in the manufacturing processes associated with industrial machinery manufacturing, including metal fabrication, machining, welding, and assembly
- Good problem solver with the ability to analyze data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills