Requisition Id: ENG-TR
Business Unit: Corporate Purchasing
Location: Lexington, NC, US, 27292
Navis Tubetex is currently seeking a Technical Service Representative to join our field services team. In this role, the Technical Service Representative will have the opportunity to contribute on a wide range of technical service activities; from supervising installations to training customers to contributing on innovation and development projects. This role will require a wide range of skills and experience as well as the opportunity for international travel.
Make an Impact
If you are seeking a position with significant responsibilities within a small company, where you can make a big impact, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Pay, benefits and more.
For this position, we offer competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401k with company match, expense account for company travel, and a company car.
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise installation of textile finishing equipment in customer facilities
- Train customer’s operators and maintenance staff on new equipment
- Troubleshoot machine and process issues at customer facilities
- Perform on-site repair or preventive maintenance services in customer facilities
- Work with engineering staff to improve existing products and develop new innovative products
- Perform field trials of new products and report field-testing results to engineering
- Assist manufacturing in assembling, setting up, and testing custom equipment
- Other duties as required
Requirements and skill set
- Associate’s degree or relevant industry experience
- 5 years of technical service/field service experience
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international (travel is ~ 50%)
- Knowledge of fabric processing a plus but not required. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with PLC’s and machine controls desired but not required
- Ability to work independently when required, but also functions well in a team environment
- Good problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot process issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Navis Tubetex is an Equal Opportunity Employer*