Requisition Id: NG-PA
Business Unit: Corporate Purchasing
Location: Lexington, NC, US, 27292
Navis Tubetex is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our manufacturing operations team. In this role, the Purchasing Agent will have the opportunity to contribute on a wide range of sourcing, negotiating, quality assurance, and administrative functions centered around an active, tight knit and ever changing manufacturing and warehousing operation. This role will require a wide range of skills and experience as well as the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Make an Impact
If you are seeking a position with significant responsibilities within a small company, where you can make a big impact, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Pay, benefits and more.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) with company match. Salary will commensurate with experience
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Materials Manager.
- Create purchase orders based on MRP reporting and other factory requirements.
- Solicit quotes on parts from suppliers and enter data into Visual ERP system.
- Follow up with suppliers to assure on-time delivery.
- Work with and produce various reports used in sourcing function, such as expedite lists, backorder reports, etc.
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers to resolve quality issues related to purchased items.
- Assist warehouse and accounting in resolving any issues related to purchases made, such as mis-shipments, price variance, receipt confirmation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and skill set
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3 years experience in purchasing field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel. Experience with manufacturing MRP systems a plus.
- Good problem solver with the ability to analyze data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Navis Tubetex is an Equal Opportunity Employer*