Founded in 1929, Navis TubeTex is a leader in finishing machinery for the global textile industry. Based in Lexington, North Carolina, Navis TubeTex designs, engineers and manufactures the world’s leading machinery for the global knit, woven, nonwoven, technical textile, and geotextile industries.
Today you will find our machinery in more than 70 countries. Chances are, every day you wear, use, or touch a fabric that is produced on our equipment. From the apparel you wear, the bed linens you sleep on, the upholstery you sit on and the carpet you walk on, the world’s famous brands are processed on Navis TubeTex equipment.
The company’s 130,000 square-foot headquarters houses manufacturing, engineering, finance, customer service, sales, and administrative functions.
Navis TubeTex is currently seeking a Process Automation Engineer to join our product development team. In this role, the Process Automation Engineer will have the opportunity to contribute on a wide range of product development activities; from design and development, to prototyping and testing. Must be able to work in a team environment; to take ideas from concept to production. This role will require a comprehensive understanding of machine control systems architecture and functionality. Candidate is expected to possess the skill and experience needed to develop control systems hardware and software as well as diagnose and resolve issues with existing equipment in the field. The candidate will must be organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are seeking a position where you put your skills to use in a small company and make a big impact on the global market, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today. Cigna Transparency Disclosure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Process Automation Engineer is responsible for design assistance, code development, and documentation of controls and automation in world-class Textile Finishing Equipment.
In this role the engineer will:
• Coordinate with design engineers in control systems development for new & existing machines, options, or configurations.
• Develop and customize control systems PLC logic and HMI source code.
• Install and test PLC and HMI code at our production facility prior to shipment.
• Incorporate VFDs and servo controllers in a multi-axis system for precise speed regulation and motion control.
• Participate in multi-discipline teams addressing specific design or process issues.
• Prepare and update documentation, drawings, and procedures as required.
• Participate in R&D projects.
• Interact with and lead Field Service Technicians in diagnosing and solving problems with existing equipment in the field.
• Assist with machine installation, commissioning, field troubleshooting, and customer training, as required.
• Be open to occasional travel.
• Become familiar with all safety and “best-practices” codes and guidelines (OSHA, CE, UL, NFPA, etc.)
• Conform to all company safety standards.
• Perform other duties/responsibilities as required.
• Perform all duties in a professional and competent manner.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
• BS or Associate Degree in Engineering (electrical discipline) or equivalent experience will be considered.
• Prior work experience in controls and automation in an industrial facility is preferred.
• Knowledge of PLC architecture and programming. (Experience with Siemens Step 7/TIA Portal will be an advantage).
• Understand the function and application of digital and analog process instrumentation such as proximity sensors, photo electrics, encoders, load cells, transducers, and various feedback devices.
• Understand closed loop processes and PID control principles.
• Understanding of implementation, programming, and integration of VFDs. (Siemens, Yaskawa, etc.)
• Experience in HMI development providing the end user with an intuitive interface, diagnostics, process information, and maintenance functionality necessary for streamlined machine operation.
• Understand industrial LANs and network architecture. (Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics as well as pneumatic, and hydraulic diagrams.
• Ability to apply practical experience, and current technology to enhance control systems.
• Practical, methodical, and analytical troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with machine vision systems is a plus.
• Proficiency in use of AutoCAD software.
• Must be manageable, cooperative, and self-starting.
• Ability to function apart from personal preferences and “comfort zones”.
• Ability to handle disagreements, constructive criticism, and personal challenges with a professional attitude