Requisition Id: CE-EME
Business Unit: Corporate Engineering
Location: Lexington, NC, US, 27292
Navis Tubetex is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our product development team. In this role, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the opportunity to contribute on a wide range of product development activities; from design and development, to prototyping and testing, to working in a team environment to take an idea from concept to production. This role will require a wide range of skills and experience as well as the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Make an Impact
If you are seeking a position with significant responsibilities within a small company, where you can make a big impact, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Pay, benefits and more.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) with company match. Salary will commensurate with experience
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the research, design, development, and documentation of world-class Textile Finishing Equipment.
- Designs technically advanced industrial equipment for the textile industry while thriving in a creative, collaborative, working environment
- Completes clean sheet detailed design and analysis of engineering concepts and related components using ProEngineer/Creo
- Creates drawing packages and product specifications with accuracy
- Improves existing products through value engineering, technological upgrades, and integration of new features
- Leads team on integration of recently acquired product lines and participates in modernization efforts of these new product lines
- Performs engineering analysis related to mechanical component design such as stress/strain calculations, beam deflection calculations, fatigue analysis, etc.
- Facilitates cross-functional meetings and design reviews with sales & marketing as well as manufacturing
- Assist manufacturing in troubleshooting manufacturing related problems
- Maintain bills of material, schematics, and all necessary documentation for a variety of product lines
- Support field service technicians in troubleshooting issues at customer facilities worldwide
- Support pre-sales activity through conceptual machine layouts, cost estimation, and engineering schedule estimates
Requirements and skill set
- BSME Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience in industrial machinery design and manufacturing
- Proficient in 3D CAD (preferably ProEngineer/Creo)
- Expertise in specification of typical industrial machinery components (bearings, gear motors, pneumatic actuators, timing belts and pulleys, sprockets, chain, gears, fans, steam system components, etc.)
- Ideal candidate would have experience in thermal systems (gas burners, steam heat exchangers, etc.) and air flow systems
- Overall knowledge and experience in the manufacturing processes associated with industrial machinery manufacturing, including metal fabrication, machining, welding, and assembly
- Good problem solver with the ability to analyze data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Navis Tubetex is an Equal Opportunity Employer*