Requisition Id: CE-ECE
Business Unit: Corporate Engineering
Location: Lexington, NC, US, 27292
Navis Tubetex supports a team that is motivated to bring advanced technology to the textile industry. As an Electrical Controls Engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of product development activities; from design and development through prototyping and testing, and working in a team environment to take an idea from concept to production. This role will require a wide range of skills and experience as well as the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Make an Impact
If you are seeking a position with significant responsibilities within a small company, where you can make a big impact, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Pay, benefits and more.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) with company match. Salary will commensurate with experience
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for the research, design, development, and documentation of world-class Textile Finishing Equipment.
- Performs, plans, and schedules control systems development, including both hardware and software systems, for new & existing machines, options or configurations.
- Performs all duties in a professional and competent manner.
- Creates and customizes control system designs.
- Designs, performs and leads proof-of-technology tests; analyzes and correlates data; prepares reports and makes recommendations.
- Develops electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel assembly layout drawings (using company standards and tools) including Bills of Materials (BOMs) and dimensioned detail drawings. Ensures that documentation is clear, complete, accurate and compliant with appropriate company and regulatory standards.
- Participates in multi-discipline teams addressing specific design or process issues.
Incorporates VFDs and servo controllers in a multi-axis design for precise speed regulation and motion control.
- Develops, installs. and tests PLC and HMI code at our production facility prior to shipment.
- Prepares and updates machine documentation and procedures, as required.
- Participates in R&D projects.
- Interacts with suppliers to insure proper selection and compatibility of components and devices used in controls systems.
- Interacts with other Engineers and Field Service Technicians in all aspects of the machine; transfers knowledge to other members of the Engineering department.
- Assists with machine installation, commissioning, field troubleshooting, and customer training, as required.
- Becomes familiar with all safety and “best-practices” codes and guidelines (OSHA, CE, UL, NFPA, etc.)
- Conforms to all company safety standards.
- Performs all commitments/tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as required.
Requirements and skill set
- BS or Associate Degree in Engineering (electrical discipline) or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum four-plus years working in industrial controls and automation.
- Experienced in PLC architecture and programming (Siemens Step 7/TIA Portal preferred).
- Understands the function and application of digital and analog process instrumentation such as proximity sensors, photo electrics, encoders, load cells, transducers, and various feedback devices.
- Understands closed loop processes and PID control principles.
- Experienced in HMI development that provides an intuitive interface, diagnostics, information, and maintenance functionality necessary for streamlined machine operation.
- Understands industrial LANs and network architecture. (Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret pneumatic/hydraulic diagrams.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD software to produce detailed control system drawings
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experienced with in implementation, programming, and integration of VFDs. (Siemens, Yaskawa, etc.)
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge, practical experience, and current technology to enhance control systems.
- Practices methodical and analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be manageable, cooperative, and self-starting.
- Able to function apart from personal preferences and “comfort zones”.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Navis Tubetex is an Equal Opportunity Employer*